keeping up with Kinney

keeping up with Kinney

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Chicken Cobbler Recipe

Something that I have discovered about myself is that I really enjoy cooking! I like searching for mouth watering recipes and trying them out on Adam (and occasionally Deana). My sense of enjoyment over cooking has only heightened since being married because I want Adam to be able to tell people that his wife is a gooooooooood cook :) So here I am to share with you a recipe that I (and I am sure Adam would agree) think is "share" worthy! CHICKEN COBBLER!

Ingredients
6 tablespoons melted butter, divided
4 cups cubed sourdough rolls
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
2 medium-size sweet onions, sliced
1 (8-ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
1 cup white wine
1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup drained and chopped jarred roasted red bell peppers 2 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken

Preparation
Toss 4 tablespoons melted butter with next 3 ingredients; set aside.
Sauté onions in remaining 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat 15 minutes or until golden brown. Add mushrooms, and sauté 5 minutes.
Stir in wine and next 3 ingredients; cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until bubbly. Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 9-inch square baking dish; top evenly with bread mixture.
Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until golden brown.

YOU WANNA TALK ABOUT DELICIOUS!!!!! I think Adam had 3 (maybe 4) servings

For all you Maconites I want to encourage you to buy the "Let's Get Cooking" cookbook sold at local restaurants in Macon. It is full of recipes from some of Macons "HOT" local restaurants including but NOT limited too- Jeneane's, Luigi's, Nataliea, Tic Toc Room, Downtown Grill etc. The proceeds from this cookbook go to Rebuliding Macon which reaches out to touch the lives of low-income elderly and disabled homeowners.
(Adam wrote a sweet note on the inside of my "Let's Get Cooking" that he bought for me)

No comments:

Post a Comment