keeping up with Kinney

keeping up with Kinney

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

WOW it has been a HOT minute but.....I AM BACK thanks to some inspiration :)
So, I have had a "big girl" job for over a year and have been (happily) married for four months. (Thats the nutshell version)

I've decided to come back to this blog and take it in a new direction. I LOVE creativity. It is my outlet. It is part of me. It was impossible for me to miss the creativity gene in my family. Growing up my Nanny was always creating things from doll beds, dress up/Halloween costumes, upholstery, curtains, whatever we needed or wanted she fixed or made. However, I will admit many of her creative ideas are "ghetto ridged." (I actually often refer to her as a Martha Stewart on Crack.) My Daddy is a beautiful painter (and can also crochet). My Mom- her mind is always overflowing with ideas. She is constantly looking for her "next project." MANY wedding ideas came from her. The most popular, the tables that were decorated by the bridesmaids.

I want to use this site as a way to share things that I make whether it be a painting or a new recipe that I have tried and that I think is worthy enough to share with you :)

To kick off my new direction I want to start with BABIES BABIES BABIES!!!! Everywhere I turn someone new is expecting a little bundle of joy in their lives! So exciting! I can't even imagine the happiness. So that means many baby showers! Diaper Cakes have been a favorite of mine. Not only do they make an EXCELLENT center piece at a shower but they are also practical because once the baby is here the diapers are usable :) I have made three diaper cakes so far. One for a "bouncing baby boy," "A lady bug lady," and the other is not finished just YET but I will post once I am done.




“There is no doubt that creativity is the most important human resource of all. Without creativity, there would be no progress, and we would be forever repeating the same patterns.” — Edward de Bono

2 comments: