keeping up with Kinney

keeping up with Kinney

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

WIWW- SOCK BUN!

Yesterday Adam came home and asked me: "How was work today?" and I told him..... "GREAT! I learned how to make a sock bun!"

Thank you Pinterest


Okay, so if you follow me on twitter (LEHammond) you have heard me RAVING about the "sock bun". This is nothing new (so my colleagues tell me) but it is new to me and I am LOVING IT!!! It is precious. I feel like a total ballerina :) The best part of it all is that it is SO ridiculously EASY! I've gotten so many compliments on it today.

Here is a "How To Link" (I did not document how I made mine but this is what I followed) and a word to the wise...when you try this bun (IF you try this bun) it will look like you're making a HOTT mess but some how in the end it turns out...trust me, I was puzzled too
http://just-me-and-t.blogspot.com/2011/08/pinterest-2-sock-bun.html

It's kinda messy because this was my first attempt
 at the "sock bun" last night
Wouldn't it be SUPER CUUUUTE with a pretty decorative headband?!
Here is my sock (yes my hair ACTUALLY has a sock in it) rolled down to a "doughnut"

Front view...I made the bun lower for work today 
(verses up high like in the previous pictures from last night)

Ps- my roots are NOT that dark (yet) I guess the flash 
just caught them and made them appear darker

By now those of you that thought you were going to get a WIWW blog have realized that this is not a true WIWW. But---- here, I have SOMETHING....it's what I am wearing today (and it is Wednesday)
Wednesday Nov. 9, 2011
Blue Ruffle Shirt Dress- Target
(originally $27.99 --- I paid $6)
Oatmeal Cardigan- Target
Skinny Belt- Charlotte Russe
Tights- Belk
Brown Boots- Olsenboye

As you can see from the pic below...I opted out the belt. 
A co-worker is on Wheel of Fortune today and we are all going
 out to Buffalo Wild Wing to watch her on the "Big Screen" so I felt 
I needed some room to chow down on some wings :)

If you try the "Sock Bun" let me know! I wanna hear how it worked out for you!!!!














4 comments:

  1. Love it Lauren!! I looked at the link that you posted on how to do the sock bun..but the rolling the hair on the sock is a bit confusing!! Can you break it down for me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bun looks good on you!! And I need to go to Target because I had been looking sooo hard for a longer cardigan that color with NO luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it!! Lauren I swear in that last picture showing your face you look JUST like your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your outfit!! Our style is so similar. Target is one of my favorite places to find pieces like yours!

    ReplyDelete