keeping up with Kinney

keeping up with Kinney

Monday, November 7, 2011

I said brr it's cold in here....

I know that fall JUST started but in the South anything below 75 degrees is defined as "FREEZING"  so, even though temps (technically) are not at a "winter" status YET it sure feels like Antarctica to me. I've started pulling out my winter clothes (that I can find...I HATE moving!) And this got me to thinking about some of my "Winter Must Have's" 

1. Tights - and in particular DKNY Tights, they are AWESOME. Thick and EXCELLENT quality. I cannot brag enough about these tights...I dare you to get a hole or run in these babies because it just isn't goin' to happen! 

2. Stirrup pants/leggings. Go ahead and laugh as you have flashbacks of the 80's era...it's okay but these are the BEST pants to wear when you are wearing your boots. It just logically and strategically makes sense. WHO likes struggling to get their "skinny jeans" perfectly into their boot while shoving their hand in-between the boot and pant trying to make the awkward "bunching" feeling go away??? I dare you to buy a pair...they will be the ONLY pair you will want to wear with your boots.

3. Hot Chocolate--- UMMMMMMM, who doesn't love hot chocolate on a chilly night?!?!?! Cold Stone Creamery is my personal favorite brand :)  (I didn't say everything was going to be fashion)

4. Boots-- When the chilly air comes around I live in my EMU's. My sweet cutie pie friend Deana had this debate on her FB page the other day--- UGGS vs EMU's. I have both but it's like I told her, if I HAVE to choose between the two I always pick my EMU's BECAUSE unlike UGG's, EMU's have support in them. So, the comfort level is greater. EMU's JUST LIKE UGG'S are from Australia and have the sheepskin and sheep fur inside. You can purchase "cheaper" EMU's but that is what they are...cheap, not made out of the sheepskin. 

5. POTATO SOUP!!! Pretty self explanatory--- ummm, ummmm. My favorite, hands down, is Rafferty's. I have heard Outbacks is good too...I've never had it. Let me know if you have.

6. SNUGGIE!!! --- My Mama bought me my first snuggie when they came out (leopard print) I LOVED that thing. It's one of those concepts that you think, "That is so practical that it is stupid". A year and a half ago I lost my snuggie because Deana, my sister (Kristen) and I went to the beach for a girls weekend and stayed in a SUPER SKETCH hotel, so sketch in fact that I slept in my snuggie...in our hurry to get the hell out of dodge the following morning I left it there :(   Adam recently purchased me a new one (leopard) SO YAY!!!

7. Patagonia re-tool snap--- it's just cozy 

8. Head and Shoulders Shampoo--- I don't know WHAT it is but ever since I started coloring/highlighting my hair my scalp has changed. Or it could possibly that the change in weather from GA to TN or just the change in weather from hot to cold. Anyways...I feel so gross saying this, but I have had dandruff and itchy scalp like it is going OUT OF STYLE (clearly dandruff was never in style) and I have NEVER had this problem before. Head and Shoulders Shampoo has been my saving grace. It really works! My hair feels fantastic, it smells great and the best part: no nasty, icky, unsightly scalp partials on my shoulders.   

9. I LOVE my nails--- if you follow my blog you know that I love switching up my nail color. Friday I asked my FB friends for some fall nail color suggestions. Fall is the time to take off your skanky hott hott pink and settle down for wine colored purples, browns, navys, grays and reds. ULTA, Fine Prune is what I eventually settled on. Trust me, it was not easy process. I do not take my nail colors lightly ;)  FANTASTIC choice if I do say so myself! I strongly recommend it
ULTA---Fine Prune
OPI's fall collection



10. HELLO- It's the Thanksgiving and Christmas season! Time to scream fa la la la la at the TOP of your lungs! Mariah Carey's Christmas CD is the BEST Christmas CD of ALLLLLLLLL TIME! (get away from me Justin Bieber) 


What are your winter "Must Have's"/"Staples" for 2011?!?!?
Don't be shy! Comments make a blog beautiful :)

1 comment:

  1. hahaha Get AWAY from me, Justin Bieber!!!

    1. Where the HECK can I get a pair of stirrup pants?! I haven't seen them anywhere! I want theeemmmm.

    2. Brian already ordered me some Emu boots online at Macy's b/c they were having a 15% off sale and free shipping. Woooo hoo! (I got the Chestnut)

    3. I have a snuggie that I NEVER use. I should mail it to you. (zebra print)

    4. Love the nail color choice! :) (and the author of this precious post!)

    ReplyDelete