keeping up with Kinney

keeping up with Kinney

Monday, October 24, 2011

First Year Wedding Anniversary


Adam and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary this weekend. It is unbelievable (to me) HOW. FAST. this year went by!!! It is ALSO an unbelievable feeling to know that I celebrated my anniversary with the man that I KNOW without a DOUBT is the one I am SUPPOSED to spend my whole life growing old with. I am not a cheesy romantic (ask Adam). I do not do the whole lovey dovey gushy mushy stuff BUT at the same time there are moments that I feel so overly blessed that I have to release it...this would be one of those times :)

Adam and I are perfect for each other (if I do say so myself) we are best friends and we enjoy spending time together (which has been a great thing considering we only know each other in TN and therefore we've been spending LOTS of quality time together). However, we have our ups and downs, after-all, we are human...trust me, there were times that I questioned if there would even be a wedding, but they were brief moments--- I have ALWAYS been SO proud of Adam. Why wouldn't I be? He was a weeknight news anchor by the age of 24. And he's always thinking of ways to give back...like "Shaggin' For a Cause," and becoming a United Way Leadership Giver. I love his heart and work ethic but most of all I love the way he cares and supports me. Thinking about it...it astonishes me how proud he is of me, and for what? Adam is seriously my cheerleader in life. Moving has been a difficult task (but not a regret) when I get down about making connections, friends or missing friends and family Adam is there to pick me up and say, "It's OK," he allows me to cry but HE is there to wipe my face dry. When I stressed about finding a job in TN he was the one standing there say, "You've got this...they will love you!"...HE EVEN took his first day off of work to spend with me and meet my co-workers. My favorite though, he has started following United Way of the Mid-South on Twitter and he talks back and forth with the UW communications guy and is constantly "retweeting" UW tweets. And he simply does it because he supports me in what I do.
We were in the same 4th grade class together

Adam and I have been together a total of 8 years (one of them married) and we have done LOTS of fun things but this weekend in Nashville has to take the cake. I had such an amazing time. Nashville is my kind of town...something about it just gets deep down in my soul and makes me want to shake my booty (which we did). Needless to say it was a great anniversary. Something that I will remember for ever.
Obviously I thought I was the dancing queen :)

For our first anniversary together I wanted to do something special for Adam. So, everyday of the week (starting with Monday Oct 17th) I gave Adam a gift leading up until Oct 23rd (all of which I left on his car seat for him to start his day off right with). These were small things and varied in price range. Since the first year is supposed to be the "paper anniversary" each gift came accompanied by a note.
I took pictures of some days but mostly just to give you an idea

Monday- $40 gift card to the local gun range (to start his week off with a BANG!!! get it?!)
Tuesday- Reese's Pumpkins (because he's my pumpkin and he loves the special holiday editions)
Wednesday- $10 Subway gift card (because he LOVES Subway)
Thursday- Luke Bryan concert tix (which he knew about) but the new LB CD so he could learn the new songs)
Friday- a Michael Kors tie (I wanted him to feel like a part of the MK trend, haha)
Saturday- Burberry Brit Cologne
Sunday- Patagonia rain jacket (necessity for live shots on rainy days)

Adam gave me a beautiful David Yurman bracelet. Our wedding colors were yellow & green so my bracelet has green stones.
 Thank you to the friends and family that either texted, tweeted or facebooked us with well wishes! Y'all are the cherries on top of our lives!!! THANK YOU!!!

Opryland Hotel 10/23/2011
First Year Traditions




           




No comments:

Post a Comment