keeping up with Kinney

keeping up with Kinney

Monday, September 19, 2011

A Whirl Wind Weekend

MY. HUSBAND. CANNOT. SIT. STILL!!! True story.

I would be perfectly fine and complacent with spending a nice, LAZY, cozy, weekend at home lounge around on the couch and watching TV/Movies...NOT Mr. Hammond. He walked into the door Friday evening around 7, I was sitting on the living room floor "crafting" when he came in proclaiming, "I want to go to Oxford tomorrow and I am going with or without you".  (it is only an hours drive from Memphis)
What I was "crafting" when Adam came home
And so our weekend began, visiting the most FRAT-tastic town I have ever been to!

We spent most of our day on Ole Miss campus and "The Square"---it is literally buildings built in a square, full of restaurants, CUTE boutiques, bars and bookstores. We ate lunch at a place called Ajax Diner---SOOOOOOO GOOD!
A portion of "The Square"




"Hotty Toddy"
"Walk of Champions" at the infamous Grove
The Lyceum---it was the first building built on the Ole Miss Campus
It's kinda like what the Arches are to UGA
My pumpkinn :)
Saw the rest---pledged the BEST
We finished up our day in Oxford with a stop at "Ya-Ya's Frozen Yogurt" SOOOO GOOD!

The next day, Sunday, I volunteered at FedEx Memphis Air Show---all proceeds went to benefit United Way of the Mid-South agencies. The only reason I volunteered is because my sweet 26 year old husband was itching to go! I was impressed by what a BIG DEAL the air show was! Boys, boys, boys everywhere! And the NOISE! OMG, Adam had to buy us earplugs...but needless to say I can now say that I have been to an air show and have seen the "Blue Angels," which were AWESOME btw.

The Blue Angle planes



My souvenir from this weekend...Hey! If there is one team that can make me feel better about the DAWGS awful season so far...it's Ole Miss. There season hasn't been too hot either.
PS- It's GA vs. Ole Miss this weekend at Oxford. Should we go?!?!








2 comments:

  1. YES MA'AM Y'ALL SHOULD GO!!! I think that would be A BLAST!!!! I LOVE THIS BLOG BTW! I've always wanted to go to Oxford and tour Ole Miss!! I bet it was just too cool! It sounds like y'all had a FANTABULOUS weekend!! :) I LOVE IT!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun!! Love the key in the frame! I'm about to get craft in here myself in a little while! :) I'll post the results later!

    ReplyDelete