keeping up with Kinney

keeping up with Kinney

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

My FAVorite Top 20 Songs

I had an extremely stressful and WAY busy day at work yesterday. Clearly, today is much different (due to the fact that I actually have time to breathe AND blog). I am just giving a shout out to my most favorite-ist songs everrrrrrrrrr. There are lots of different genres of music and no rhyme or reason behind the order of the list (they are not ranked from my most favorite to least favorite of my favorites). There is usually a reason why a song is a favorite. Maybe it got you through a difficult time. Maybe it sparks a special memory. Or maybe it just makes you happy! I follow each link with either my favorite line or lyric from each song. AND Maybe, just MAYBE your eyeball will catch one of my fav's and you will make a mental note to add it to your iPod playlist.

side note- if a title does not ring a bell you can clink on the song title and a youtube page will pop up with the video.


1. I Was Here- Lady Antebellum
I wrote about how this song touches me in a previous blog. Such a powerful song of wanting to be more. "I want to do something that matters."

2. We're Young and Beautiful- Carrie Underwood
LOVE HERE!!! She is an ALL TIME FAVORITE of mine! This is just a song that makes me appreciate the moment and place that I am in in life. "While we're young and beautiful, livin' free and easy, here without a worry, dancing in our barefeet."

3. Scars- Papa Roach
What a jump from Carrie Underwood to Papa Roach, but this song is AMAZING and EVERYONE can relate. "My weakness is that I care too much. And the scars remind us that the past is real."

4. Hell on Heels- Pistol Annies
This is a new song (so it's a new favorite) but these girls just make me want to get sassy. "I'm hell on heels, say what you will, I've done made the devil a deal. He made me pretty, he made me smart and I'm gonna break me a million hearts."

5. God Gave Me You- Blake Shelton
I am sure that this does not need an explanation. Every time I hear this song I can't help but think about the WONDERFUL man that God chose to pair me with. Without a doubt I know we were made for each other...even through all of our ups and downs...I've always known. "God gave me you for the ups and downs. God gave me you for the days of doubt and for when I think I've lost my way. There are no words here left to say, God gave me you."

6. Bug A Boo- Destiny's Child
HOW COULD THIS NOT make you smile?!?! It makes me want to get my neck swiveling and finger wagging. ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh SNAP gurl! "And so what, my mama likes you. What now? I guess you think I will too. Even if the Pope said he liked you too, I don't really care cause you're bug a boo."

7. Dixieland Delight- Alabama
Best bar song!!! Love it! "Hold her uptight, make a little lovin', a little turtle dovin' on a Mason Dixon night. Fits my life, Oh, so right: my Dixieland delight."

8. Brown Eyed Girl- Van Morrison
If this comes on, no matter where we are, I can almost guarantee that I can get Adam to get up and dance with me :) And of course I am his "brown eyed girl". "Our hearts a thumpin' and you my brown eyed girl."

9. Baby's On The Way- Luke Bryan
LOOOOOVE Luke and this is my ALL TIME favorite song of his. Why? I can't really put my finger on it...I guess it takes me back to those days, soooooooo long ago when Adam and I first started dating. And the butterflies and goofy mushy-ness that comes along with the beginning of young budding love. "It's just a simple case of can't wait, gonna be great to see her again, Gonna be tough to hide what's inside, And in my eyes when she walks in."

10. Cry- Faith Hill
What a gorgeous woman. I remember the first time I heard, Cry, it was at my local high schools pageant...one of the contestants did a lyrical routine to it. This song is beautiful. "If I had one moment at your expense maybe all my misery would be well spent, yeaaaa. Could you cry a little, lie just a little, pretend that your feeling a little more pain. I gave now I am wanting something in return. So, cry just a little for me."

11. Fancy- Reba
Country CLASSIC! I can remember riding around with my daddy and listening to this in the car on repeat :) "I might have been born just plain white trash but Fancy was my name."

12. I like it, I love it- Tim McGraw
You can't love Faith without loving Tim. Throw back to 4th grade OCIS! And it also takes me back to other Tim greats like "Just to See You Smile" and "BBQ Stain." love them all! "I ain't seen them Braves play a game all week. I'm gonna get fired if I don't get some sleep. My long lost buddies say I'm gettin' in too deep."

13. Smile- Uncle 
It was a tough, tough, tough call for me between "Smile" and "Everything" for our weddings first dance. Adam sure does make me smile :) So, of course, naturally, it makes me think of him. "You make me dance like a fool, forget how to breathe, shine like gold, buzz like a bee. Just the thought of you can drive me wild. Oh, you make me smile."

14.Bartender (Sittin' At A Bar)- Rehab
This will get stuck in my head for days. Total ear worm song. "Guess it wasn't meant to be, romance is misery, so much for memories and now I am headed to the penitentiary."

15. The Prayer- Celine Dion & Josh Groban
THIS SONG IS BEAUTIFUL! Just beautiful...it makes me tear up. A dear friend of ours (Liz Stockstill) sang this at our wedding, during the candlelighting. Now, I will never be able to hear this song without thinking about Oct 23, 2010 or thinking about our beautiful friend. (and I do occasionally listen to it while I am driving and wanting to hear something beautiful) "Let this be our prayer when we lose our way, Lead us to a place, Guide us with your grace, To a place where we will be safe."

16. A Little Bit Stronger- Sara Evan
It's as simple as, we've all been there. We've all experienced the pain, loss and extreme hurt that goes hand in hand with love. I've also viewed this song as losing someone to death (minus some of the lines) but if you take this verse, "I know my heart will never be the same, but I am telling myself it will be okay. Even on my weakest days, I get a little bit stronger." 

17. A Whole New World
Clearly, this song is linked (for me) to memories of my time working at Disney World. I feel a little piece of my heart flutter every time I hear this song and the memories start rushing through the cobwebs of my mind. ALWAYS can make me smile.

18. Gimmie That Girl- Joe Nichols
I want to (and do try to be) that girl that can hang up her dress throw on jeans and let my hair down. I love comfy, spur of the moment and fun. "Dancin' like a fool, Starrin' in her own little show, Gimmie that girl that the rest of the world ain't lucky enough to know."

19. Callin Baton Rouge- Garth Brooks
This one is a scream at the top of your lungs while your flying down the road with the windows open on a beautiful sun shiny day.

20. Everything- Michael Buble
"Everything" an incredibly important song to me. Mine and Adams first dance as hubby and wifey :)  I still listen to it periodically. "And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times, it's you, it's you, you make me sing. You're every line, you're every word, you're everything."




2 comments:

  1. Awww, look at you getting sentimental. :)

    A second thumbs up for me for #4 (You got me obessed)
    #5
    #10 (I seriously thought I was the only one who LOVES that depressing song! haha. I even have it on karaoke!)
    #16
    #19 (reminds me of our road trips!).

    ReplyDelete