keeping up with Kinney

keeping up with Kinney

Friday, May 20, 2011

FAVorite Things Friday---3


Amberly and I at last years opening celebrations
for the Cherry Blossom Festival

Usually I post several of my favorite things BUT this "FAVorite Things Friday," post is dedicated to my sweet and dear, Amberly Abbott. After all, she is my FAVORITE co-worker ever (or was. BUT I will not dwell on the negative...this is all positive). Amberly and I both began our "big girl" career's together at United Way of Central Georgia on January 5th, 2010. I remember being SO intimidated by her because I was never supposed to happen, I was hired on a whim as an "extra," but who am I kidding (or were they) because they needed all the "extra" they could get. I also didn't know if she was going to be some nasty girl that had an "all about me" and "I will stomp you in to the ground," attitude BUT she was pretty (inside and out), sweet, charming, has an impeccable sense of style, funny, easy going and just all around wonderful. Yes, her taste in music can be a little "different," but that's part of what makes her HER. And we all usually get a good laugh out of it :) Moving to a city (Macon) where I didn't really know people my work people (and Adams) are what have become my friends. I really couldn't image my time in Macon without Amberly. After all, she took me to my first WalMart in Macon! She has been my lunch date partner for over a year and we both enjoy sweets like it is going out of style! She has been so much more than a friend. She is a sounding wall for me when I have a bad day. She is a wealth of advice and full of compassion. She will go SO FAR in life because she has such immense determination and drive. She knows what she wants and SHE WILL get it! I am so sad to see her go..(it literally feels like a breakup). I have been the BIGGEST baby about it all. ONLY because I love her so much. (when did I get SO sensitve???). I will miss her emails and her being just down the hall from me. I don't think the next person will be be so kind when I leave crumbs on her office floor :) So I dedicate this day and this post to my FAVORITE work wifey EVVVVVVVVVVVVVER! Ms. Amberly Lauren Abbott. Don't forget about me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment