keeping up with Kinney

keeping up with Kinney

Friday, May 13, 2011

FAVorite things Friday

FAVORITE things Friday

These two pillows are to me what stuffed animals are to others (strange I know). The red pillow has survived for 6 years and has made it through 7 different moves! The blue neck travel pillow actually has SOME meaning; it is the ONLY thing we brought back with us from our honeymoon to the Dominican Republic (Adam bought it in the airport in the DR). And no, before you ask I do not sleep with it around my neck at night. I just snuggle with both of them :) PS- Adam HATES these pillows with a PASSION!

If you are familiar with my WIWW posts you may have noticed the gold watch that I am usually sporting in the photos. Adam bought this watch for me (awwwwwwwwwwwwww SO SWEET!) And here is the best part...he gave it to me for no reason. No holiday, no celebration, just out of the sweetness of his heart. (I know, I am a lucky girl!). I get LOTS of compliments on it! And it goes so well with my Juicy Couture bangles I wear with it (you may see those on another FAVortie things Friday).

I am a mascara girl! My two basics mascara and foundation are a MUST!!! These are my favorite two brands. The mascara on the left is made by L'Oreal, Voluminous Million Lashes. And the mascara on the right is made by Cover Girl, Lash Exact. I have been loyal to the purple tube ever since it debuted about 4 years ago. It just separates and lifts like nobodies business. Both of these are on the top of my favorite's list and when people say to me, "Are you wearing fake eyelashes?" I always say no...I use Cover Girls, Lash Exact.

There are 365 days in a year, you can find me wearing them about 355 days out of the year. These earrings were a Christmas (07) gift from Adam. I love them! So simple, so elegant and more importantly they GO WITH EVERYTHING!!!



DISNEY!!! How could this NOT be on my list of favorite things. There is something about Disney that is truly magical!!! I never ever ever tire of it. It holds such a special and near and dear place in my heart. I grew up a Disney kid through and through. We watched the all the movies...I had Pocahontas and Ariel (Little Mermaid) themed birthday parties. Kristen (my little sister) had a Cinderella party. I dressed up as Snow White one year when I was little for Halloween (and once again when I was in college...needless to say the outfits were quite different, haha) and when Aladdin came out I was Princess Jasmine for Halloween (I SO wish we could find those pictures!!!). Disney is where I fell in love with the non-profit world. I wanted SO BADLY (and would still love too)  work for "Make A Wish Foundation." Disney did some AMAZING things for those kids. And not only for the kids but for the parents. You want to talk about magical, witness a little girl meeting her favorite Disney princess and to know that that is her ONE wish as a terminally ill child really grabs your heart. Their sweet innocents and ignorance. They thought (they do) think you are the REAL DEAL. You ARE Cinderella, Belle, Ariel, Snow White, Jasmine, etc. When I see the Magic Kingdom Castle, I still get goosebumps and swell with SUCH silly happiness. Even after working for "The Mouse," I am not jaded by Disney. It never gets old. It really is a whole nother world away from reality. It is, "Where the bad guy is always caught and the princess gets her prince."

No comments:

Post a Comment