keeping up with Kinney

keeping up with Kinney

Monday, March 7, 2011

Pink and Paintings

Living away from home has most certainly given me a GREATER sense of appreciation for my beautiful, crazy, loving family. The familiarity and memories rush over me as soon as I walk into our front door.This weekend I came home because Megan (my cousin Matt's beautiful wife) is expecting her second child Audrey, at the end of this month (maybe sooner than later!), and we had a baby shower for her this past Saturday (Since Megan's oldest child (Hudson) is a boy we needed to introduce Megan to some pink and bloomers). We had a great time. I LOVE family time but I sure do love some GIRL family time. We had an amazing lunch, played games, ate cake and watched Megan open some precious little baby girl gifts. However, each family was missing one girl from the bunch...The Rodrigues were missing Kirstin (she was in New Orleans *jealous), The Stephens clan was missing Nicole and the Edwards girls were missing Kristen. We missed all 3 of them but we still managed to have a blast :)









I just love the tiny swimsuit I got for Audrey!

Sips N Strokes
After Megan's shower we loaded up our cars and headed to Sips N Strokes. I LOVE this place! I went for my birthday last year and it was TOO MUCH fun (this time was no different). You can bring WHATEVER you want to eat and drink during the 3 hour painting class. What I really like about Sips N Strokes is that an instructor walks you through step by step a painting process. It's an awesome way for people who do not think they are "crafty" or "creative" to make that jump and see what beautiful art that they CAN create with a little instruction. It's fun to see how every one's paintings are so similar yet different. We had a great time laughing and cutting up with each other. I've been twice so far and I want to go AT LEAST two more times so that I will have a collage to hang up in my future "craft room" (I am thinking in advance!).

Sunday was a nice relaxing day. I watched Adam emcee the "Young Distinguished Women's" Pageant (formally known as "Junior Miss"). He rocked the place! I was so proud of him. And afterwards we headed home to Macon changed into our sweats watched an episode about Bullying on Dateline, The Amazing Race and Celebrity Apprentice (looks like it is going to be a great cast...LOTS of drama). Our babies (Maggie and Molly) joined us in watching some TV. :) HAPPY HEART!

Remember: HAPPY GIRLS ARE THE PRETTIEST GIRLS

No comments:

Post a Comment