keeping up with Kinney

keeping up with Kinney

Friday, March 18, 2011

Cherry Blossom Festival 2011



Seriously, EVERYTHING is pink!
It is that time of year again in Macon, Georgia when everything and everyone is pink, pink, pink! It is Cherry Blossom time, so if you can't stand the color pink then do not even think about crossing into the downtown Macon limits. Last year since I was a new "local" (and I use that term loosely) I was really enthusiastic about finding out what all the Cherry Blossom Festival was about. I attend almost every event that I thought I would have some interest in...that was almost everything (I love festivals) and I wore LOTS of pink everyday for 10 days. This year I am being a little less intense about CB...For example this day last year (the opening day) I came to work in my Cherry Blossom dress and scooted my fanny down to the opening celebrations...today I am sitting in my office writing this blog in my purple dress with no pink to be found :)
My "Cherry Blossom" dress
However, I am excited for tomorrow. Adam will be emceeing two events, the Ronald McDonald House Pull and the Bed Races (which I didn't get to see last year so I am looking forward to it this year). Following the Bed Race is the High Heels for a Cure fun run. Deana and I are participating so I KNOW it will be a fun experience :)  I don't mind making a fool out of myself (or possibly breaking my ankle) for a great cause. I am running because my Granny (my mom's side) and great grandmother (dad's side) are BOTH breast cancer survivors! (I sure do come from a line of strong women on both sides of my family).


Lawnmower Races

The event that I was told was a "Must See" last year was the Balloon Glow...I however, was less than impressed...it just wasn't what I had in mind. If you ask ME what the "Must See" event is I would tell you hands DOWN the pet fashion show!!! (As a side note the lawnmower races are pretty cool too) Anyways, I was dead set against going this year (balloon glow)...but now that I've been mulling over it in my brain I think it would be fun to take Molly out and let her make some new friends and play with some old one's (Bella). We'll see though, that one is still up in the air.

Next Saturday is the "Street Party" so if you are BIG BOI (from OutKast) or Jamey Johnson (you know the song, "You should've seen it in color") Then next weekend you will want to be here!
Pink Pancake


OH! and I almost forgot the pink pancake breakfast!!! Both Saturdays of the festival the fire department makes some pink flapjacks :)  If you're in town or have never been to the CB Festival and you're curious I say come on down! But lawdy do NOT forget your pink :)

People, pets and cars...pink

No comments:

Post a Comment