keeping up with Kinney

keeping up with Kinney

Monday, May 3, 2010

Another FANTASTIC weekend

So, as I have made it clear in my other posts Adam and I ALWAYS have plenty of things to do on our weekends. And some of it is partially our fault because we do not have to try to "Do it ALL." This weekend really got started with a Kentucky Derby part at the Cox Capital Theater Saturday night, Brian and Deanna Mathes' met us there. Terrell Sadefur (the CEO of SoChi Companies. Publicity, full service Event Planning & Event Rentals and The SoChi Gallery) was the host of the event. There was a horse and Jockey there outside the theater!!! Mint Juleps were the drink of choice. No detail is ever missed when Terrell is in charge. The event also had a hat contest (that I did not know about) but I won first place :) There were a lot of attendants during the race, but as soon as it was over almost everyone peaced out except for about 10 of us and we SHUT THE PLACE DOWN. We danced and drank the night away! We had a blast!!! The next morning the four of us all complained about how we are TOO OLD to be acting and moving like that...we all hurt from head to toe.

Sunday, Adam wanted to Jones County for the Battle of Griswoldville Civil War reenactment. If you have ever seen the movie, Sweet Home Alabama, with Reese Witherspoon, it is JUST like that. The battle lasted 45min and it was LOUD, canons and guns going off like crazy. I did learn a lot...for example 700+ Confederate soldiers died at the Battle of Griswoldville and only 23 Yankee's died. Whenever a Yankee was "killed" in the reenactment the spectators would cheer, it was a funny thing.

Sunday night we had our very first wedding shower/party. It was thrown by my two roommates (Kris & Lyndell) Adams co-worker (Kendall) and a Macon friend of ours (Ryan). We had SUCH a great time!!! All of my co-workers came and a majority of Adams came and both our families were there. I did stress a little because I felt like I was not doing a good job of remembering who had met who and introducing people. It was a lovely, lovely, lovely shower. I cannot say enough good things about it and the people that threw it including the Hattaway family (Kris' parents) made the food (low country boil) along with amazing cheese grits and Lyndells mom made some fantastic cole slaw. Adam and I both appreciate it. We have been SO blessed. The one thing that we do not have a shortage of in our lives is friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment